THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER (2013)Just a quick piece I did for a class. We were told to just design something - anything to fit some criteria that we had chosen. I chose to redesign the book cover for “The Perks of being a Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky. I chose to have wallflower upside down to emphasise the meaning of the word (a shy, unsocial, awkward person?) & drawn elements which relate to the letter writing element of the story. 

THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER (2013)
Just a quick piece I did for a class. We were told to just design something - anything to fit some criteria that we had chosen. I chose to redesign the book cover for “The Perks of being a Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky. I chose to have wallflower upside down to emphasise the meaning of the word (a shy, unsocial, awkward person?) & drawn elements which relate to the letter writing element of the story. 

APP PROTOTYPING (2013)Group Project - Green week - Transport - Walking Campaign 

APP PROTOTYPING (2013)
Group Project - Green week - Transport - Walking Campaign 

APP PROTOTYPING (2013)Group Project - Green week - Transport - Walking Campaign 

APP PROTOTYPING (2013)
Group Project - Green week - Transport - Walking Campaign 

(2013)These are some icons I designed for an app to go with a campaign idea for a uni group project. 

(2013)
These are some icons I designed for an app to go with a campaign idea for a uni group project. 

PATTERNS (2013)
This uni project was all about learning & developing skills. Our first task was to create practical pieces of work that demonstrate our attempt to try and learn the skills we are interested in! Pretty much anything, quick simple tests. I am interested in developing my Illustrator skills, for this piece I just wanted to experiment with simple shape building using the shape tools and the pathfinder just so that I get used to it a bit more. Playing around with composition, symmetry and colour too. 

I created a pattern which could be used as a wrapping paper design.

LOVE LIFE (2010)This is a Yulia Brodskaya inspired piece I did as a final outcome for my Passions & Obsessions exam project in A level. I enjoyed experimenting with the quilling technique, it takes a lot of time and patience but I love the result. I just wish I had a better photo of it but unfortunately I don’t.

LOVE LIFE (2010)
This is a Yulia Brodskaya inspired piece I did as a final outcome for my Passions & Obsessions exam project in A level. I enjoyed experimenting with the quilling technique, it takes a lot of time and patience but I love the result. I just wish I had a better photo of it but unfortunately I don’t.

FRANKFURT CHOPPED (2012)
This was part of my Emergency in Suburbia project, I sliced and rearranged the letters A-Z in the font Frankfurt to create a sort of “code” that would be used amongst a certain social group as a way to communicate between themselves. 

HYBRID ALPHABET (2012)The workshop task was to create a lowercase or uppercase hybrid alphabet using Illustrator. I chose to use Hero Light (sans-serif)  and Georgia (serif) because I wanted to work with fonts that differed in weights.

HYBRID ALPHABET (2012)
The workshop task was to create a lowercase or uppercase hybrid alphabet using Illustrator. I chose to use Hero Light (sans-serif)  and Georgia (serif) because I wanted to work with fonts that differed in weights.

FLY, FLY, FLY AWAY (2011)
This was my final outcome for my Final Major Project on my Foundation Art & Design course at Ravensbourne. It is an A0 sized hand-cut paper illustration based around my research on the topic of dreams. For the design itself I used a combination of found images and my own hand drawn elements, the design itself took 7 1/2 hours. I then spent 5 1/5 hours tracing it onto another sheet of paper with simplified lines, the cutting took 19 1/2 hours and was all done using an X-ACTO swivel knife. The background was created by spray painting a sheet of cartridge paper using Montana Gold spray paint in Matte Black and the mounting took about an hour. This was definitely a rushed idea but I am happy with the results, I just wish I had a better photo!

The new old.

My old blog has been changed to designwithjubb so that I could use the old url for this new one! I wanted this to be a primary blog rather than a secondary one so I had to make a new account. I’ll be moving things over shortly.